Occasionally, there may be times that you need to email your occupants about the Sapient system. Examples would be:
- Preparing your occupants for the system installation day
- Informing your occupants on the use of the system
- Answering questions that your occupants may have about the system
- Informing your occupants that the system will be performing a firmware update at night
In each of these cases, you may choose to email your occupants ahead of time. The template below is intended to give you a head start. Feel free to copy-paste all you like.
Preparing for Installation
A message from Sapient:
We will be installing a Sapient smart outlet system that is capable of automating efficient energy practices in the building via smart power strips and outlets this [DATE] beginning around [TIME]. Plugged-in equipment in areas where the system will be installed will need to be momentarily unplugged in order to install new Sapient power strips and outlets. If your equipment is sensitive to momentary power loss, please properly shut down the equipment before you leave for the day.
Examples of equipment that should be properly shut down before leaving are:
- Desktop PCs
- Actively-printing 3D printers
- Electronic test equipment
Examples of equipment that do not need to be shut down before leaving are:
- Computer monitors
- Coffee makers
- Laser/ink jet printers
- Nearly all other miscellaneous electronic equipment
Worried about something specifically or have a general question? Contact us here.
Thank you for helping your building reduce their carbon footprint!
The Sapient Team